Monday, June 14, 2010

Meringue, strawberry and passionfruit


This is my first attempt at making meringues and they were delish!!!!


Serves 4

2 points per serving

2 egg whites
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup Diet vanilla yoghurt
8 large strawberries, sliced
2 passionfruits, pulp removed


Preheat oven to 150c.

Beat egg whites until soft peaks are formed. Gradually add the sugar. Add vanilla extract.

I cut out circles from baking paper to use as a template, about 8cm in diameter. Splodge the egg mixture on to the paper, so they are about 1cm deep.

Bake for 40 minutes. Turn oven off and leave oven door ajar, Keep meringues in the oven for 1 hour to cool. This will make them crisp on the outside.

Assemble. Place 1 meringue on a serving plate, spread with yoghurt and place sliced strawberries on with some of the passionfruit, then repeat the layer with the other meringue.

Delish!!!!!

This was inspired from www.taste.com.au

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this recipe Rachel. I have been reading the ww community message boards for a while now but have never commented. This is how I found your blog! I have a new blog about my ww weight loss journey - I've only started recently. I'll be sure to follow your blog and check in from time to time, melanie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melanie. It sure has been a long hard journey, but I'm so pleased to be where I am now. I hope you don't mind, but I'm following your blog. I think the ww boards are also a fantasic support. Where do you normally post?

    ReplyDelete