Friday, June 18, 2010

Sausage and Egg RacMuffin


After having my food processor for Mother's Day, I will always buy meat and mince it myself. It's cheaper and you know what's going in to it!! So I buy a big pack of meat, process it and weigh it out in bags to put in the freezer.

This recipe makes 6 sausage patties.

400g lean pork loin steak minced
1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
salt and pepper (I always add lots when I'm using mince)
1/4 tsp ground allspice

Mix together and form in to patties. Pop in the fridge. (This will help them to keep the shape)

Spray a pan with oil and fry gently for 4 minutes on each side. Pop on to a plate, cover in foil and pop in the oven on a low-medium heat.

To make the RacMuffins:

Cut 1 english muffin in half . Toast each side.

Using an egg ring, spray oil in pan and pop ring in, crack egg in to ring and fry, flip over.

Place a sausage patty on one half of the muffin, then the egg and then a cheese slice. Pop under the grill to melt and then place the lid on.

The whole RacMuffin is 6.5 points




No comments:

Post a Comment